How to Choose Colleges in Kenya
Public and Private Colleges in Kenya
There are many colleges in Kenya, these colleges offer a very large selection of courses. Colleges in Kenya are in both major urban areas like Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret and smaller urban areas. Colleges in Kenya are either public or private. We receive a good number of inquiries from prospective students and guardians about either a specific college or about finding out how to choose the right college. At inetnob.com we do not take this stage of choosing a college for granted, we know that this will have a life long impact on the individual who will join a given college
- Here are some of the suggestions we give.
- Determine that a college is registered: - The government regulates colleges in Kenya. The body mandated with this responsibility of regulating colleges is called Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA). Pay a visit to this body's website to ascertain that a college is registered.
- Consult widely: Talk to people, you can reach out to members of staff of a college you intend to join through telephone, or a suitable networking media. On this site inetnob-RT is specifically for such a purpose(getting intouch with a given college's staff member(s)).
- Former graduates achievements: Know where you want to go i.e you can only get lost if you know where you are going. The best way of knowing if you will reach where you want to go is see if people who have used that route reached there. Former graduates in this case will indicate this very clearly
- Castomer Care and Interpersonal relatonship of the college: You can only know something if you receave the right answers to your questions. Ensure all the questions you have about a college are answered satisfactorily.
- After graduation then what: A good number of colleges have placement arms within them, these are departments that guides those that have been through their systems how to go about either to the job market or further studies.
- Bare minimum: It is also good to determine if a college will offer the most basic of knowledge impaction(classwork only) or goes out of it's way. What does this mean, check if apart from classwork does a college for example nurture talents(singing, sports, acting,etc) remember your talent can take you places.
- This list can definately be elongated, if you have something we can add or have a comment on any of the above suggestions please feel free to let us know.
Here is a list of colleges in Kenya.